When your thermostat cables hook up to terminals marked Th, Tr, and Th-Tr, they truly are most likely connecting to a fuel valve.
But, you will have to locate the cables linking to your fuel valve and follow them into the transformer that is 24VAC the heating gear to spot where your “C” connection will undoubtedly be. In the event that you need advice about this, be sure to contact ecobee help.
Merely connect the extra cable to your typical connection point.
IF NO EXTRA is had by you WIRES
You have two options if you do not have any additional wires:
- Run a extra cable at your thermoregulator down to your gear
- Buy and put in a Fast-Stat Common Maker
ALTERNATE SOLUTION: 24VAC TRANSFORMER that is PLUG-IN
A different would be to power the ecobee with an outside 24VAC plug-in transformer.
This transformer may be attached to a wall surface, and is wired the following:
- The 24VAC transformer wires would connect with RC and C from the ecobee
- The 2 cables in your old thermostat would connect with RH and W1 regarding the ecobee
NOTE: make sure the transformer is with the capacity of 24V AC production ( perhaps perhaps maybe not DC production)
Situation C:MY THERMOSTAT LINKS TO T/T TERMINALS
In case your thermostat cables connect with T/T terminals, remember that you’ll need a different 24VAC transformer to power the ecobee. You may need extra elements.
T/T connections frequently suggest an association to a computer device referred to as an Aquastat.
IF AN EXTRA is had by you CABLE
You will require an isolation relay and a separate 24VAC transformer if you have an extra wire.
ecobee calls for an isolation relay by having a 24vac coil and Normally Open (N/O) associates.
IF YOU HAVE NO ADDITIONAL WIRES
When you have no additional cables, you need both a Fast-Stat popular Maker and an independent transformer that is 24VAC
ALTERNATE SOLUTION: 24VAC PLUG-IN TRANSFORMER
Another solution would be to power the ecobee by having a outside plug-in transformer that is 24VAC.
This transformer are attached to a wall https://rose-brides.com/ surface, and is wired the following:
- The 24VAC transformer cables would connect with RC and C regarding the ecobee
- The 2 wires in your old thermostat would connect with RH and W1 regarding the ecobee
NOTE: make sure the transformer can perform 24V AC production ( maybe not DC production)
NOTE (2): Some T/T connections may well not work reliably whenever linked straight to the Rh and W1 terminals associated with the ecobee. A 24 VAC transformer and isolation relay on the equipment side would be necessary (see details under “IF YOU HAVE AN EXTRA WIRE” above) in that case.
When you yourself have a couple of thermostats managing your heat:
In the event your home heating is controlled by a lot more than one thermoregulator, one’s body most likely has area valves or even an area control relay.
Please touch base to ecobee support because of the after information in purchase to find out compatibility and appropriate installation guidelines:
- Just exactly exactly How numerous thermostats you have actually as a whole for the home heating
- Photos regarding the wiring at each thermostat
- Photos of this wiring at any area valves or area panels
- The make and model of every area valve and/or zone boards
- The sheer number of extra cables which can be behind the wall surface at each thermostat
Some commonly used brand names for zone valves/zone control equipment include if you are having difficulty identifying your zone valves or zone boards
- Energy Kinetics
As an Amazon Associate, ecobee earns from qualifying acquisitions